I know I promised this last week but here it is… sorry… better late than never right?
Do you miss your chicken/veal parmesan? How about breaded tilapia or any other delicious breaded or fried meat? Well here is a perfectly primal solution… and it is delicious!
I give you Cracklin Chicken. It is so easy and so delicious. This same principle can be applied for fish, beef, pork or any other meat that you would like as well (Just change the cooking times accordingly of course).
- Chicken tenders or breasts
- Egg (white and yolk mixed)
- Crushed Pork Crackling or Pork Rinds. You can either collect all the crumbs that are left over from your normal stash or crush some up on purpose.
1. Paint your chicken with egg.
2. Cover with crackling crumbs using the egg like a glue.
3. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until cooked.
You can add some additional seasonings to the chicken if you like but I have found that it is not really necessary because of the salty nature of the crackling or pork rinds.
You can eat your Crackling Chicken straight up, use it in a chicken salad or use it in other delicious recipes like this:
Primal Chicken Parmesan:
Top your crackling chicken with this simple sauce:
1 Can Tomato Paste
1-2 Cups Water (To desired thickness)
1 Tsp Dried Oregano
1 Tsp Garlic
1. In a saucepan, combine all ingredients. Use water to desired thickness. We like ours pretty thick. Feel free to add more spice if you want it, too.
2. Simmer on stove for approximately 15 minutes.
Serve with or without spaghetti squash noodles!
I hope you all enjoy this one… I can’t wait to try my Crackling Tilapia!