SoG Guacamole Beef
Due to popular demand from the last post I figure I better put up a recipe.
This is a simple recipe that I have been absolutely hooked on lately. I love this stuff.
I forgot to take a picture of the final product (ate it too fast) so picture the 2 parts below mixed together lol!
- 2 pounds ground beef (or 1 pound ground beef and 1 pound stew meat like in my picture)
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ onion (white, yellow or red… your preference)
- 2 avocados
- Sea Salt
- Crushed red pepper
- Black pepper
- Chopped tomato or your favorite salsa
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- (Optional) Peppers. Your choice… Green Chile, Green Bell, Red bell, Hungarian, Thai. You name it, I have made this with all and it is awesome.
1. Mince garlic and chop onion.
2. Season beef with 2 minced garlic cloves, salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper and optional peppers or chiles.
3. Brown beef
4. In a large bowl combine onion, remaining 2 garlic cloves, lemon juice, avocado and chopped tomato or salsa.
5. Mash avocado with a fork and stir guacamole.
6. Turn off heat to beef and stir guacamole into beef.
7. Ensure that everything is mixed together well and serve!
8. Makes serving size… “a lot”. (Scientific huh?)
Feel free to play around with this recipe and make it your own. I don’t think that I have ever made this exactly the same way twice!