Got a new flavor of Caveman Cookie for you… Carrot Cake. These are less sweet and more savory which means that I like them a lot. Best I can figure, each of these bad boys only has about 1g of sugar (natural from the carrots) in them.
- 2 cups mini carrots
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla. (I think it would actually be better with 2 tsp vanilla but I have not tried it yet).
- 2 teaspoon Evoo or Coconut Oil
- 3 eggs
1. Combine all ingredients except eggs in food processor. Pulse until small but a little chunky.
2. Combine mixture with eggs in a large mixing bowl.
3. Form into “patties” and place on a baking sheet. I made 10 with this batch.
4. Bake at 350 degrees until done. Mine took about 40 minutes.
As I said, I really enjoyed this version as I tend not to be too big on sweet. You could probably find a way to sweeten these up a bit if that is what you are looking for though. Maybe that 2nd teaspoon of Vanilla or some berries would do the trick.
P.S. I am convinced that banana caveman cookies would be absolutely amazing. I haven’t made them myself because of the sugar content in bananas but if you eat bananas then I would definitely recomend giving that one a try! Actually bananas would probably be pretty darn good in these carrot cake caveman cookies.
Have you made you some Caveman Cookies yet? If they weren’t so easy, I would package them and sell em! lol